The Graphics, Interaction and Games (GIG) lab brings together several senior researchers and post-docs, and more than 20 PhD and MSc students, in the areas of Computer Graphics, Human-Computer Interaction and game design and development.
Research in CG includes realistic 3D modeling and representation, real-time visualization and animation (2D and 3D), procedural modeling (including for GIS applications), multisensory virtual reality and augmented reality, and GPU programming. The area of Computer Vision is also covered by the group.
In the area of CPI, there is a particular focus on Interaction and User Experience, multimodal interfaces, natural interfaces, physical computing and usability.
Many of these topics combine in the area of game design and development, where among other things serious games, location-based games and gamification are explored.
Topics of Interest
• Computer Graphics
• Human-Computer Interaction; Interactive Digital Systems
• Multisensory Virtual Reality; Augmented Reality
• Geographic Information Systems
• Computer Vision
• Multimodal Interfaces; Natural Interfaces
• Digital Game Design and Development
• Serious Games; Gamification
• Location-based Games
• GPU Programming