Multitouch has been growing as an important technology to support Natural User Interfaces (NUI), and it is an area of major interest for the GIG group.
As such, we are promoting a one-day workshop, conducted by Tiago Serra (SenseBloom), for those that are curious and enthusiastic about this subject and related techniques and development platforms.
The workshop will be divided in two parts, one hardware-oriented and another software-oriented:
- In the hardware session, the main techniques for enabling multitouch on a surface such as a table, a wall or a "poor-man's multitouch pad" will be presented, with some hands-on experiments.
- In the software session, commonly-used supporting frameworks and protocols such as CCV and TUIO/OSC will be overviewed, as well as some application development frameworks that support those protocols and enable the creation of multitouch applications.
The number of seats is limited, and precedence will be given to FEUP's elements (students, teachers, researchers) over other participants.
Date and Location
If you have a laptop and a webcam, bring them with you, so that you can configure and experiment with your own material and take a running prototype home after the workshop.
- Pre-registration should be performed here until Monday, March 14th, at 17:00.
- Vacancy confirmation will be sent by us until Tuesday, March 15th, at 13h. DO NOT PAY BEFORE RECEIVING CONFIRMATION.
- Registration should be paid in full (see fees below) until Wednesday, March 16th, at 13:00 by bank transfer, with the description "Multitouch Workshop @ FEUP registration", to the following bank account number (NIB): 0035 0839 00001400930 80.
- A digital copy of the transfer receipt should be sent to us.
- FEUP's Students: 10 Euro
- Other students: 15 Euro
- Other participants: 25 Euro
- rui.rodrigues _at_ fe . up . pt
- gig _at_ fe . up . pt
- Community Core Vision (tracker) – http://ccv.nuigroup.com/
- Reactivision (tracker with fiducials) – http://reactivision.sourceforge.net/#files
- TUIO libraries for various frameworks – http://www.tuio.org/?software
- Processing – http://processing.org/download/
- PyMT – http://pymt.eu/
- Kivy (Next-Gen PyMT) – http://kivy.org/
Photos of the event
If you attended the event, please give us your feedback.